Feb 8, 2012

Adding up with some circuit training!

It is really hard to know what to write when the main thing I am working on right now is my thousand moves! J It becomes really boring to go on and on about that one… We have one more week with this one but we have decided to go for another week! Last week some kind of bacteria trespassed the system so I couldn’t train as good as I wished. So that’s why we will continue for an extra week before it is time to work more on the power! But that’s for later… J
What I can say about the 1000 moves is that it work! J I never had so much of endurance in my arms… its crazy!! It’s a totally amazing feeling! My power has gone down pretty much but since I can hold on to the hold like FOREVER (!! ;)) it backs me up in a totally different way… and I can work on my power later. The plan is to build up this “platform” of endurance and just keep it there… then it is time to build up the power on that platform… we will see how it goes! J What I can tell you is: this week I climbed for 60 minutes (up and down) without rest. After that I took a few minutes rest and jumped on a slopy 6C (one of those problems I would avoid a few weeks ago). I climbed this one 8 times in a row!! Just like that… so the endurance is definitely going up… the patient game is paying off! At least it seems like it is going in the right direction! J
This week something new actually happened in my training life! :P I am adding up the training with some circuit training! Since it was a long time I trained in this way I took it pretty easy yesterday. The aim was to do 2 sets on each muscle with a rest of 1 minute in between. Each set was 20 reps and my aim was to reach muscular failure after about 15 reps. Then you just have to push it for the last five one! J It is really good training. I did 12 muscles yesterday. I started with the shoulders and went down through my whole body. This training takes about 1 hour! Perfect! J And you become really tired… totally nice! J I can recommend it! J It trains your brain to continue to push when the muscle is filled with lactic acid!  And that one we need when we climb! J
So what else!? I left my ICA store behind and started to work on my dear hospital again… super nice! J Right now it is just a lot of small project running so I will not go into them! There will be new projects every week for a while! Too much to describe! :P BUT what might be interesting is to know what kind of wonderful company who supports me in my climbing and let me go for a three months trip this year… the company I am working on is called Projektengagemang. Check it out:
Best company ever!! (And yes I know, I get paid to say that…. ;) But honestly, they are really great!!) If you are an engineer who wants to have a good balance between work and spear time, this is the company to apply for! J Most of the people here are really interested in sports and live active lives… which I think is really really fun! J
This week I got really good information about my back! :D My left side of my body is my weak link because of my back injury. Climbing has made my whole body function SOOOO much better. I can REALLY recommend climbing to prevent back problems/pains. If you have problems or know anybody with back problems, feel free to ask me about anything! I have become an expert on my own back so I hope I can help other people too. J My problem right now is that the communication between my muscles and brain is not functioning properly for the left side of my body! :P The good thing is that this is possible to work on… so that is what I am doing! J It can be tricky to climb with this one but like I always believed: nothing is impossible! J The body compensates it in some strange way and finds other paths. So some stuff is not possible to do yet but I believe (10000%) that I will be able to climb everything I want in the future… Just have to fight for it! J
Now it is time for some work before K2 in the afternoon… this week I’ve been listening to this really “guilty pleasure” song… I really love this voice!! Crazy good… don’t blame me for this one! ;)
Have a nice day! J

No comments:

Post a Comment