Feb 11, 2012

Making it work with work

I love my job, like Emelie I believe I've got the best employer a young engineer can hope for. We are a small consultancy firm within the energy and environment business. RSM (www.ragnsellsmiljokonsult.se) is part of the large Ragn-Sells company but we are pretty much our own little entity. We help both our parent company as well as external clients to solve their energy and environmental challanges and problems.

I work as project manager for various energy companies and municipalities where my main area of expertise is to build new power plants. I don't want to get too technical here but that's basically what I'm doing in Växjö, I'm overall deputy project manager for a new plant which will be completed by the end of 2014 so it's a long project. :)

Because of my key role in this, it's not as easy as just saying 'Sayonara dudes, I'm gonna go climbing for 3 months in a row, good luck with the project!'. I had to see how the time schedule would best fit our travelling plans and come up with a game plan for how the project can make it without me on site.

I had promised myself to wait until after the big deadlines we had this week before telling the project manager (which is also my client, which means he's the one paying for my time in the project) about the trip. I was a little anxious as I walked to his office but when I told him he just went "Of course you have to do this, I know how much this means to you! Did you think my answer was going to be anything else?"

So now I'm just soooooo happy and super motivated because this was a major hurdle that i just jumped over with surprising ease! Now it's just about training training training. Speaking of which... Gotta go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment